Summer came late this year, but it feels like it is already upon us with the mercury rising every single day! So if you are a summer Girl, we are sure one of the biggest stressors you’re having right now is regarding your makeup! Will it stay, will it melt, will it get oily?
All these are the doubts we are sure even dry-skinned girls have when the sun is out so bright. So we decided to rope in the experts and ask them some tips, tricks and product reccos for summer brides, and here is an extensive list!
- Always ensure your use a mattifying primer during summer, and an oil-free moisturiser.
- Use face blotting paper for touch ups in between events. Ensure you don’t use dewy mists after make up, but use mattifying make up fixers instead.
- Using gel blushes, waterproof mascara and eyeliner is a good idea. This would also mean using oil-based makeup removers to take the makeup off.
- To give your skin that perfect summer glow, use a touch of bronzer on your cheeks, temples, and jawline. Additionally, apply a subtle highlighter on your cheekbones, the bridge of your nose, and your cupid’s bow. This will help you achieve a beautiful, radiant look.
- To make sure your lip color lasts all day, try using a lip stain or a long-wearing liquid lipstick. These products provide hours of color without smudging, ensuring you won’t have to worry about constantly retouching your lips during your big day.
- Prep skin well using a mattifying primer.
Use self-setting, matte, and long wear foundations.
- Use an eyeshadow base to keep eyeshadow radiant and long-lasting.
- Use a lip liner to define the lip shape and fill in with indelible lipstick – matte or Demi matte based on client’s preference.
- Use a primer before putting on your makeup and a setting spray after you finish to ensure it lasts all day.
- Use light weight products like bb creams and tinted moisturisers instead of heavy full coverage foundations.
- The one tip I give all my brides is to drink up water. It helps with the skin, with the glow and overall well being. So load up on fruits high in water content.
- Ditch the foundation if you dont need it, instead just do some spot concealing and add a blush and highlighter.
- Do not forget to take it all off after the late night wedding celebrations.
- Cleanse, tone and moisturise no matter how tired you are. You don’t want to be breaking out on your big day!
- Less is more in the summer! Keep your foundation to the minimum to avoid your base from looking heavy and sticky.
- Use more powder-based products like compacts, loose powders, and powder blushers for a long-lasting nongreasy look.
- An ice cube massage right before you start your makeup application works wonders, and it’s a great way to ensure your pores are tightened and your skin is cool.
- Wear less makeup. Instead of going heavy on makeup, foundation, and concealer, go for spot concealing and thin layers of foundation.
- Put less Highlighter. If you get a ton of highlighter put, chances are your face will end up looking oily.